Skill Building Series
The Skill Building series builds upon the skills and techniques you need to know to become a confident metal clay artist. Metal Clay Basics or equivalent experience is required to take this series.
This is an on-going class that accommodates those who have just finished the basic class to those with more experience. Projects are geared toward your skill level and interests. This class can be taken multiple times with different projects each session.
Skills taught through a variety of projects include:
- Creating bails
- Dry on dry construction
- Working with coils
- Re-hydrating and reconstituting clay
- Using creative components
- Using a clay syringe or extruder
- Using Paper clay
- Ways to set a CZ
- Toggle clasps
- Precise sanding techniques
- Setting a half-drilled pearl
- Using dichroic glass in fine silver
- Ring making
- 960 clay
- Bronze clay
- Copper clay
Select a 4 or 6-session class
- 4 sessions is $200 plus supplies (clay and findings vary based on the project)
- 6 sessions is $300 plus supplies (clay and findings vary based on the project)
This is an on-going class so students can join at any time.
Limit: 2-6 students
Your next step...
Email or call 360-331-4657 to schedule your class.